Scientist, Cellular Immunotherapy, CAR-T Stem Cell
Minerva will be the first company in the world to bring an internally discovered novel oncology target all the way through from target discovery to an immuno-oncology clinical trial. This achievement follows Minerva’s fundamental discovery that both cancer cell and stem cell growth are mediated by the same two molecules: the growth factor NME7AB and the growth factor receptor MUC1*. Our lead scFv – a single chain antibody fragment that is the targeting head of our CAR T only recognizes the growth factor receptor on cancer tissue but not on healthy tissue.
Minerva Biotechnologies has immediate openings for its lead program, a CAR T targeting MUC1* positive solid tumors, that is expected to start a first-in-human clinical trial in the Fall of 2018 with the world leading Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. The first targeted indication will be breast cancer.
We are looking for motivated scientists who want to make a difference in bringing immunotherapy to the world and are interested in joining a dynamic forward-looking company.
You will be on the forefront of cancer immunotherapy: unlike the others, our target is for solid tumors, not for blood cancers. Responsibilities include:
- Perform all aspects of preclinical development work for our 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation immunotherapy programs
- Execute detailed laboratory protocols using advanced cell biology techniques
- Collaborate on the development of experimental plans
- Deliver reports on experimental outcomes
You will work as part of a fast-paced, collaborative science team.
- BS, MS or PhD in a Life Science
- Experience in biochemistry, biology or immunology; cell culture and sterile technique
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to take direction as well as being able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Good work ethic is a must
A competitive salary and stock option package is available for the right applicant. We’re a small company chasing a very big objective – curing cancer for major solid tumor cancers. It is a great time to join us, this close to clinical results, with stock options that will provide you with a lot more upside here than you get at other places. If you’re ready to be in the lab, doing experiments and making a real impact toward a cure, then this position is right for you.
We’re located on Bear Hill Road, right off of Rt. 128 in Waltham, MA. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in – send a brief cover letter and CV to email@example.com