Cancer Cell Scientist (BS/MS)
Minerva Biotechnologies is developing therapies for curing cancers and commercializing core technology that will enable next generation stem cell therapies. Both flow from Minerva’s fundamental discovery that both cancer cell and stem cell growth are mediated by the same two molecules: the growth factor NME7AB and the growth factor receptor MUC1*.
We are looking for a BS/MS level scientist who want to make a difference in bringing immunotherapy to the world. It started with a simple hypothesis – that cancer cells and stem cells grow by the same mechanism. Minerva Biotechnologies has identified a novel growth factor receptor that drives the growth of over 75% of all cancers.
Our lead program is a CAR T approach using our lead scFv – a single chain antibody fragment that only recognizes the growth factor receptor on cancer tissue but not on healthy tissue. You will be on the forefront of cancer immunotherapy: unlike the others, our target is for solid tumors, not for blood cancers. Responsibilities include:
- Perform all aspects of preclinical development work for our immunotherapy programs
- Execute detail laboratory protocols using advanced cell biology techniques
- Collaborate on the development of experimental plans
- Deliver reports on experimental outcomes
You will work as part of a fast-paced, collaborative science team.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a Life Science
- Experience in cell culture and sterile technique
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to take direction as well as being able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Good work ethic is a must
A competitive salary and stock option package is available for the right applicant. We’re a small company – there’s 20 of us, and we’re scrappy and we’re used to doing more with less. You’ll get more stock options and you have a lot more upside here than you’ll have at other places. If you’re ready to be in the lab, doing experiments on your, and making a real impact on the treatment of cancer, then this position is right for you.
We’re located on Bear Hill Road, right off of Rt. 128 in Waltham, MA. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in – send a brief cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org