Keys to Success – Please Read Before Starting
- AlphaSTEM™ Naive hPSC Medium media does not contain FGF2 and is not compatible with FGF2 media.
- Culture conditions: Hypoxic incubator (37°C, 5% CO2, 5% O2).
- Rho kinase I inhibitor
- AlphaSTEM™ Naive hPSC Medium is used with AlphaSTEM™ Culture Substrate coated plates. The medium can be used with other surfaces such as MEFs and Matrigel®; However, growth over these and other surfaces has been shown to compromise naïve characteristics of the resultant cells.
- The AlphaSTEM™ Culture System uses TrypLE™ dissociated single cells which grow in a uniform monolayer.
- Passage cells at 75-85% confluence (~3-4 days). Do not overgrow the cells.
- When first working with naïve cells, it is ideal to have existing naïve stem cells to use as a reference/control. Minerva offers both male and female naïve stem cells lines.